Singapore has emerged as a centre of excellence for fintech startups in recent years.
The Singapore government has set up various initiatives to develop a fintech friendly regulatory framework which encourages innovation and provides funding and grants to support projects and encourage development and growth in the domestic startup ecosystem.
Some of the grants and schemes for fintech entities in Singapore include the following:
- Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI)
- Startup SG Founder
- Startup SG Equity
- Startup SG Accelerator: (for fintech incubators & accelerators)
There are a great number of incubators and accelerators based in Singapore, many of which target the fintech industry. As a result, there are many opportunities to connect founders with mentorship, resources, and access to a network of investors and venture capitalists.
We understand the unique set of challenges which companies in the early growth stage face. These include difficulty in understanding the incorporation process and regulatory framework, establishing a business plan, compliance with the statutory obligations and keeping up-to-date on changes to the accounting and tax regulatory landscape.
Our experienced team will be able to assist and guide you in navigating the ongoing complex statutory compliance requirements in Singapore so as to leave you the time and resources to concentrate on what matters most, your fintech startup.
We will be able to assist with the following:
- Incorporation of a private limited company – Provision of company secretarial services that deal with entity formation and the establishment of business presence in Singapore.
- Regulation and compliance – Advisory, risk advisory, accounting, statutory audit, monitoring programmes and regulatory MAS regulatory submissions.
- Taxation – Wide range of solutions including assisting in corporate and income tax planning and GST compliance.