Singapore has emerged as a centre of excellence for startups in recent years.
The Singapore government has set up various initiatives to develop a friendly regulatory framework which encourages innovation and provides funding and grants to support projects and encourage development and growth in the domestic startup ecosystem.
Startup SG was created to showcase Singapore’s vibrant startup ecosystem both locally and overseas. It represents the shared interests of the startup community and unifies efforts to support the ecosystem under its various initiatives and programmes. With Startup SG, startups and ecosystem partners can more easily discover and access available avenues of support.
In 2018, Startup SG Network was launched to bring Singapore’s tech startup ecosystem even closer together and encourage the proliferation of innovative and collaborative partnerships. A virtual ecosystem of entities in Singapore’s tech startup community, the platform allows local tech startups to profile and put themselves on the radars of both local and global ecosystem players, expanding their opportunities for growth.
Some of the grants and programmes for startups in Singapore include the following:
- Startup SG Founder
- Startup SG Equity
- Startup SG Accelerator: (for fintech incubators & accelerators)
- Startup SG Talent
- Startup SG Infrastructure
- Startup SG Loan
- Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI)
There are a great number of incubators and accelerators based in Singapore. As a result, there are many opportunities to connect founders with mentorship, resources, and access to a network of investors and venture capitalists.
We understand the unique set of challenges which companies in the early growth stage face. These include difficulty in understanding the incorporation process and regulatory framework, establishing a business plan, compliance with the statutory obligations and keeping up-to-date on changes to the accounting and tax regulatory landscape.
Our experienced team will be able to assist and guide you in navigating the ongoing complex statutory compliance requirements in Singapore so as to leave you the time and resources to concentrate on what matters most, your startup.
We will be able to assist with the following:
- Incorporation of a private limited company – Provision of company secretarial services that deal with entity formation and the establishment of business presence in Singapore.
- Regulation and compliance – Advisory, risk advisory, accounting, statutory audit, monitoring programmes and regulatory submissions.
- Taxation – Wide range of solutions including assisting in corporate and income tax planning and GST compliance.